Article 2 – Establishment of Districts and Zoning Map
ESTABLISHMENT OF DISTRICTS
AND ZONING MAP
Section 201. Zoning Districts.
The following zoning districts are hereby established for the purpose of administration and enforcement or this ordinance:
1. A-1 Agricultural District. The purpose of this district is to provide land area for agricultural and related non-urban uses.
2. R-1 Residential District. The purpose of this district is to provide locations for residential areas with restrictions intended to preserve and protect incompatible uses and facilities.
3. C-1 Commercial District. The purpose of this district is to provide area for those establishments serving the general business needs of the community.
4. I-1 Industrial District. The purpose of this district is to provide space for certain commercial and a
wide range of industrial uses and structures.
Section 202. Provision for Official Zoning Map.
The boundaries of each district as established shall be shown on the Official Zoning Map which is adopted by reference and declared to be a part of this Ordinance.
Section 203. Interpretation of District Boundaries.
Where uncertainty exists as to the boundaries of districts as shown on the Official Zoning Map, the following guidelines shall apply:
1. Boundaries indicated as approximately following the center lines of streets or other right-of-way, platted lot lines, or city limits shall be interpreted to follow such center lines.
2. Distances not specifically indicated on the Official Zoning Map shall be determined by the scale of the map. Where physical or cultural features existing on the ground are at variance with those shown on the Official Zoning Map, the City Council shall interpret the district boundaries.
Section 204. Application of District Regulations.
The regulations set by this ordinance within each district shall be minimum regulations and shall apply uniformly to each class or kind of structure or land. No yard or lot existing at the time of passage of this ordinance shall be reduced in dimension or area below the minimum requirements established. Yards or lots created after the effective date of this ordinance shall meet at least the minimum requirements established by this ordinance. No building, structure, or land shall be used or occupied, and no building or structure or portion thereof shall be constructed, reconstructed or altered except in conformity with the regulations specified for the district in which it is located.